Sublime cocooning moisturizer
Sublime cocooning moisturizer
- Nourishing, softening, revitalizing moisture for face
- A multi-omega, multivitamin, multi-nutrient for skin
- Oils of rosehip, argan, pomegranate, prickly pear, sea buckthorn, calendula-infused olive, frankincense infused jojoba
Butter of Sanctuary
A rich and creamy butter to nourish, soften, revitalize and deliver the deepest moisture. To craft this luscious facial butter, we whip our beloved Kperisi Village Shea Butter with our nutrient-diverse Sanctuary Complex of oils, and the restorative and potent addition of our handcrafted frankincense resin infused jojoba oil.
$1 from each jar of our Sanctuary Collection goes to non-profit organizations that support human rights and environmental justice, with a new organization as the recipient every month. See this month's current organization here.
Our Shea Butter comes to us from the women of Kperisi Village, a small community in northern Ghana. This remarkable group of women hand-harvest and process the shea nuts into shea butter using labor-intensive, traditional methods that have been handed down over centuries.
Sanctuary Butter Full Ingredients List
Shea (Butyrospermum parkii) Butter*, Frankincense (Boswellia spp.) gum resin* infused Jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) Oil*, Rosehip (Rosa canina) Seed Oil*, Argan (Argania spinosa) Oil*, Calendula* (Calendula officinalis) infused Olive (Olea europaea) Oil*, Vanilla* (Vanilla planifolia) infused Jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) Oil*, Pomegranate (Punica granatum) Seed Oil*, Prickly Pear (Opuntia ficus-indica) Seed Oil*, Vanilla Flavor*, Sea Buckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides) Fruit Oil*.
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
Continental US: Free shipping on orders over $50
Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada: Free shipping on orders over $100
International: Flat rate shipping $40
Free 45-day returns on all orders.
Please see our Shipping page for all other rates
Best Paired With
Best Paired With
Hydrating hydrosol and moisturizing shea butter anchor each other more deeply to the skin. Learn more
Sanctuary Butter & Sanctuary Replenishing Balm. Less than the cost of buying separately. Learn more
How to use our Sanctuary Butter
As a daytime moisturizer: Take a finger-full of shea butter, warm and soften between the palms of your hand. Option to combine 2-3 sprays of hydrosol before mixing between palms. Massage into area of face or body to be treated. Finish by misting with of one of our facial tonic hydrosols to increase hydration and penetration.
As a Shea Treatment Mask: An alternative to our Clay Treatment Masks, our Whipped Shea Butters make ideal regenerating, nourishing and restorative treatments for dry and/or sensitive skin in need of rebuilding from over-use or over-reliance on harsh glycolic (AHA) treatments, fruit enzymes, or dermabrasions.
View our full shea masking how-to blog here.
Sanctuary Butter is sublime cocooning moisture for face
- ASAngie S.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64What is your skin type? Dry & Dehydrated, MatureWhat has this product helped with? Excessive drynessProduct features Good scent, Moisturizing, Absorbs easilyUse intention Morning ritual, Evening ritualRated 5 out of 5 stars4 hours agoKeeps my face feeling hydrated!
I really love this product; my face feels hydrated all day long!Effectiveness of product for your skinRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- EOErin O.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 35 - 44What is your skin type? Blemished / Acne-ProneWhat has this product helped with? Break outs, Fine lines & wrinkles, RednessProduct features Good scent, Absorbs easily, Gentle, Healing, Fast actingUse intention With hydrosolRated 5 out of 5 stars1 week agoMost healing healy
This butter is divine. The scent and feel is lovely and perfect, and it has been one of the most healing products my skin has ever come in contact with. After many years of trying everything, the sanctuary line and the hydrosols have done it (alongside meditation) - my skin is finally healing. I will keep using this for many years to come.Effectiveness of product for your skinRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- SPStephanie P.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 45 - 54What is your skin type? Dry & Dehydrated, MatureUse intention With hydrosol, Morning ritualRated 3 out of 5 stars2 weeks agoDidn’t Love
Over the years I’ve tried several EH products and enjoyed them all. So I was surprised that I really didn’t care for this one. I have mature dry skin and need extra moisture in the winter but began having breakouts since using this product. It has a whipped shea butter texture but it feels like parts of the product didn’t get melted or mixed well and there are little hard bits throughout. I also don’t care for the strong shea butter scent. I really don’t love this one but will continue with other great EH products.Effectiveness of product for your skinRated 1.0 on a scale of 1 to 5Eevanhealy2 weeks ago
Hi Stephanie. So sorry the product wasn't up to our usual standards! Please reach out to us at [email protected] as soon as you can for a return/exchange. :)
To address your concern regarding the hard bits, and to explain our operations – Our shea butter is a truly unrefined product that has been extracted without the use of chemicals, and we pour in small batches to ensure the highest quality when it arrives at your doorstep. As a result, small granules may occur, which should dissolve immediately when massaged into skin. Rest assured, in no way does this compromise quality, it's merely a reflection of the natural world & intensive processes we must follow to deliver a clean product. In terms of the reaction you're experiencing, it seems like there may be something in the Sanctuary Butter specifically that your skin may not be responding well to. Please reach out if you have the time, and we'd be happy to assist!
- JMJOANN M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 45 - 54What is your skin type? MatureWhat has this product helped with? Fine lines & wrinkles, Uneven skin tone, DullnessProduct features Good scent, Unique, Gentle, MoisturizingUse intention With hydrosol, Morning ritual, Evening ritualRated 4 out of 5 stars3 weeks agoA Good Surprise
This moisturizer differs from anything I've ever used. It's almost a "melt" that requires you to heat up in your hand and/or use with one of the hydrosols to create the ability to distribute evenly. That being said, it takes very little daily, has a wonderful smell, very moisturizing and seems to have an oil base without causing congestion in the skin. I'm a fan.Effectiveness of product for your skinRated 4.0 on a scale of 1 to 5
- LLLuana L.Verified BuyerI recommend this productAge Range 55 - 64What is your skin type? Dry & Dehydrated, Mature, SensitiveWhat has this product helped with? Excessive dryness, Dullness, RednessProduct features Good scent, Healing, Moisturizing, GentleUse intention With hydrosol, Morning ritualRated 5 out of 5 stars3 weeks agoA happy face
This is a terrific product if you are prone to dry or very dry skin. You don’t need much, just pat it on gently, and it works even great around the eyes with no irritation.Effectiveness of product for your skinRated 5.0 on a scale of 1 to 5